Monday, December 25, 2006

I Know

I know you're far away;
so far away I can't even
breathe you in.
I can't sit sideways to see
what mood you're in.
Sometimes I wonder, wander
Think around as I ponder
who you are
and what's too far.

Well, I know I don't keep you awake at night.
And I know that I am not your
favorite mistake.
And I think you might not yet consider
my pondering eyes,
yet somewhere deep inside
am I the one thing you can't hide?

I watch as they all join hands
and embrace
And I watch as he traces
the lines on her face.
Then I wonder, wander,
think around as I ponder
who you are
and what's too far.


I'll admit sometimes that I've doubted you,
and that sometimes I haven't even wanted you

Because I know I don't keep you awake
I know that I am not your favorite mistake
You might not consider my pondering eyes
Yet somewhere deep inside
Am I the one thing you can't hide?

So I'm thinking of you
Are you crying tonight?
I'm thinking of you,
has she broken your heart?
Though I'm not there
I hope
someday
I can help you mend it.

But you're so far away
I can't even breathe you in
Why can't I find you today?

0 comments: