Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Mirror Image

I wondered once why life affects me this way.
I look at you.
Your face is a smile!
True,
it may occasionally retreat,
but why does it never turn over and frown?
Always
so
happy.

Save me. Tell me how to change it.
The way I see it,
The world is a bit jaded
More
than enough to make gone your teeth.
I can't help sometimes but feel it
Wanting
you
miserable.

It's awful, the way it builds up inside.
And then you smile.
"Life is just sad for awhile.
Keep
trudging through obstacles
like torrents of rain,
and you can
just be
happy."

3 comments:

Trecia said...

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY!!!! SO sorry I forgot/ was not paying attention! You are my gal and I hope you had a fun time! Hope you got to talk with your man too!And you looked very stylish today--see ya later-tater

Trecia

Linda Liebhardt said...

Amy,
What beatiful thoughts you can express in words! I had no idea you had such talent. Keep it up and soon you will HAVE a novel to publish.

Hali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.