Monday, June 22, 2009

SIX MONTHS. WHAT???

OK...Here is our favorite Hermana and her reply/update for the week. In case you didn't know...She has been out a little over 6 months. She will come home in July of next year. She works hard and is trying to help bring others to the gospel of Jesus Christ. She is in Chile to serve God. She gets a chance once a week to do some sightseeing. We know that she is doing all she can to serve our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We know that this is something all of the Lord's children need. We hope that you are seeking the way to follow Him. Have an awesome week.
Love to all of you!
Karen & Mike :D





SOOOO... First off... HAPPY FATHERS DAY YESTERDAY!!! And... Michelle I sent off your birthday card--- or will soon.

Also, Just so you all know, I only usually tell you about my P-day, which isn´t fair since the rest of the mission is NOTHING LIKE IT. The work is HARD. We knock on doors aaall day long and few people do so much as open their door and then its rare they´ll keep it open long enough to hear, "Hola, mucho gusto! Somos misioneras de la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias." And even fewer are ready to search, ponder, and pray. As the scriptures say, "Many are called, but few are chosen." We call, and they choose to listen. Very rarely. But we´re searching for the few. And we never pretend to believe everyone has a soft heart, willing to listen and pray for an answer. I of course want all of God´s Children to listen, but I can do little if they do not want to.

But I love it.

Mom asked some questions:
1-Where is Hermana Holt from? Murray, Utah
2-How many siblings does she have? 3. Two bros, 3 sis.
3-How long has she been on her mission? 10 months.

If you know any other things you would like to tell me...that would be nice!

She and I are like two little peas in a pod. Except... she is way more informed on shopping and music and other popular things.

4-How did the baptism for Carlos go?GREAT. As things in Chile always seem to run, it started a bit late, but in the end, everyone was happy and Carlos made that first step into the one way, one step closer to our Heavenly Father. And Juana was happy as well. She´s our other investigator.
5-How did the fireside with Elder Oaks go?AWESOME. We couldn´t shake hands with him, but we COULD and DID bump elbows with him. It actually made me laugh really hard. The talk was great, but as I don´t have my notes with me, I kinda forgot.

I think that´s all for today.
Love you!

OH. And Sorry I´m so far behind in replying to letters. :(

Love YOU!
-Hermana Loveless
Matthew 9:12-13

0 comments: